Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Losing My Grammar

Hey, how you?

You know, as much as I hate to admit it, I think it will take awhile for my grammar to recover from being in Virginia, I really do find myself saying phrases from around here before I catch myself. I don't think I talk "TV" anymore...

But I guess you want my address before I forget again. Sorry...

P.O. Box 933
Gretna, VA 24557

So, it's been a pretty busy week, I think we've finally met most of the investigators the Elders left. And I almost have the Branch members down, but everyone's related, so it's hard to remember all the connections. You definitely never want to say anything about anyone else, because it will certainly get back to them in a couple hours. There is this one lady in the branch that wanted us to come and meet her neighbors. She was so bold, it was awesome. And because she was there, these people actually let us in and listened to us and invited us back. Now that's member missionary work!

We also had a Zone Conference on Thursday. And guess what? It was up in Buena Vista and Gay and Larry skipped their lunch to come over to the church building to see me! I felt so loved. I've kept in touch with them, and they are doing so well. I can't believe it was over a year now that they were baptized and now they're preparing to go to the temple! They're teaching in Primary and are very active. That just makes me so happy. Everyone loves them. Gay kept hugging me and didn't want to leave or let me go. I just love them. That was the highlight of my week.

And of course Zone Conference is always uplifting. One of the Elders from my MTC district is now my District Leader and that's a lot of fun. As funny as it might sound, I was just overwhelmed by the love I felt at Zone Conference for all the Elders and Sisters I've served with and my Mission President, and I realized that that's a taste of the love that my Heavenly Father's has for me. He loves me so much He let me have this opportunity to learn to love more than I ever have before. Heavenly Father's the best.

Well, I guess I don't really have much else to say except I love you all! And I love hearing all the funny stories and interesting happenings of my family. Happy Valentine’s Day!

~Melissa

No comments: