Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry After Christmas!

We are having a zone p-day and Christmas party here in Buena Vista, so we had breakfast with everyone and the elders have been playing dodge ball and football, but you know how I've never been one for team sports...and I really can't throw a ball accurately anyway.... so we thought we'd come email instead.

We had to clean up our apartment from the Christmas aftermath, and put our mattresses back in our room. If they didn't take up our entire living room floor we might have just left them for a little while. Jumping on them and having a pillow fight was quite entertaining - especially when you have pantyhose on your head contorting your face. :) But it was fun trying to make Christmas morning as much like home as possible; except I never slept by the Christmas tree with the lights on all night before. But we figured, since Santa Clause probably isn't allowed in Sister Missionary apartments all by himself, he wouldn't be visiting us anyway, so it was OK to sleep by the tree :) I took the before and after pictures - just like mom would have wanted :) And of course I had to turn on the Christmas music before I could open my stocking.

Then we just had a good time visiting members that invited us over to eat and some of our investigators and the old folks at the nursing home that we play bingo with on Saturdays. They are so funny. And they seemed grateful to have visitors. All in all it was a good Christmas. Sister Andersen says she's glad it's over so we can get back to work, cause nobody wants to talk to you over holidays.

Well, it sounds like everyone had a good Christmas, and I laughed so hard at your story about all the little plastic bottles! That's hilarious! I wish I could have been there for that. Anyway, Sister Andersen just informed me that we don't have very much time before we need to be back, so I gotta go. I'm sorry I never have anything profound or interesting to say, but I can't think when I feel rushed! Well, talk to you all later. Love you all! And have a Happy New Year! Drink some Martinelli's for me!

No comments: