President & Sister Cowley
Sisters Johnson & AndersenHey Everyone!
I'm in my first area now - Buena Vista, Virginia. My new companion is Sister Anderson and I am really looking forward to being trained by her. She seems really awesome. I think she's like 34 or something and everyone tells me she's amazing. So I'm not the oldest missionary in the mission! The city I'm in is not pronounced like it should be, and I'm told I shouldn't make that mistake - so pronounce it Byoona Vista :) It's a really small town, but the campus of Southern Virginia University is in my area. It snowed like crazy here today and it was a long drive from Charleston down here to Virginia. It's beautiful here; I really can't wait to see it in summer and fall. My Mission President and wife are really nice. You can tell he just really cares about every single one of his missionaries. And there's no such thing as a handshake with him- it's all hugs (except for with the sisters, cause he's not allowed- but we get to hug Sister Cowley instead). The Mission home is really nice, and like everything has that old, back east feel :) All the brick buildings and Christmas decorations are kind of fun. The Capitol building in Charleston has a real gold plated dome, it's really pretty.
I think I'm going to like it here. Oh, and before I forget, my P-days will be Wednesdays.
Well, I'm glad you're getting a kick out of my letters - and I'm glad it doesn't come out too negative when I complain :) But I did know what I was doing when I prayed for patience. I remembered what you always told me, but I figured I'd take whatever Heavenly Father threw at me because I'm going to need to learn it :) But, man, that girl could talk, non-stop to whoever would listen and so I had to hear the same stories probably like 9 times. She just couldn't seem to let anyone else tell a story without having to tell one back. But I have to hand it to her, she's not at all afraid to talk to people about anything, so she will be a good missionary.
I'm in my first area now - Buena Vista, Virginia. My new companion is Sister Anderson and I am really looking forward to being trained by her. She seems really awesome. I think she's like 34 or something and everyone tells me she's amazing. So I'm not the oldest missionary in the mission! The city I'm in is not pronounced like it should be, and I'm told I shouldn't make that mistake - so pronounce it Byoona Vista :) It's a really small town, but the campus of Southern Virginia University is in my area. It snowed like crazy here today and it was a long drive from Charleston down here to Virginia. It's beautiful here; I really can't wait to see it in summer and fall. My Mission President and wife are really nice. You can tell he just really cares about every single one of his missionaries. And there's no such thing as a handshake with him- it's all hugs (except for with the sisters, cause he's not allowed- but we get to hug Sister Cowley instead). The Mission home is really nice, and like everything has that old, back east feel :) All the brick buildings and Christmas decorations are kind of fun. The Capitol building in Charleston has a real gold plated dome, it's really pretty.
I think I'm going to like it here. Oh, and before I forget, my P-days will be Wednesdays.
Well, I'm glad you're getting a kick out of my letters - and I'm glad it doesn't come out too negative when I complain :) But I did know what I was doing when I prayed for patience. I remembered what you always told me, but I figured I'd take whatever Heavenly Father threw at me because I'm going to need to learn it :) But, man, that girl could talk, non-stop to whoever would listen and so I had to hear the same stories probably like 9 times. She just couldn't seem to let anyone else tell a story without having to tell one back. But I have to hand it to her, she's not at all afraid to talk to people about anything, so she will be a good missionary.
Guess what? They say it really doesn't snow a whole lot here, but today it is snowing like crazy. Well, I'm sorry this letter isn't more interesting, but I'll try to write more later when I can actually collect my thoughts. I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment