Finally, I'm able to use the email. Even though this is a preparation day I still feel like there's no time to do anything, I just barely got my laundry done and p-day's almost over. We get to go to the temple in just a few hours so I'm really excited for that. And then it's off to class again. And the dreaded Referral Center... You know how much I hate phones! And now I have to answer them sometimes and take calls from all the people that call in for the free DVDs and books offered on the Church's commercials and pass-along cards. Actually today will be my first real day doing it; I was only training on it last week. I'm probably going to start crying just ‘cause I hate phones so much... I don't know why it scares me so much- maybe because it's real people I talk to and it really matters what I say to them and the impression and spirit they feel from me will be what they associate the Church with-it's reminding me what a huge responsibility I have to be the best person I can be and really practice and know what I preach. In the MTC it all still feels like pretend, so I'm glad I'll be leaving soon, because I know I'll really only learn by doing. You know what though, talking in front of people doesn't scare me as much as it used to and I think that part will be OK for me.
I got the greatest pirate letter from Sally; my whole district was jealous. Tell her I loved it, and I'll try to write her when I have more time.
Well, it snowed a little here for the first time this year, but it didn't stick. I'm kind of glad, I can do without the snow. But the cold isn't bothering me as much as it used to, I guess working out in the wilderness for so long has it's advantages. They turned on the Christmas lights here at the MTC, too. I love Christmas lights!
I don't really know what all to tell you about, it's just been a lot of class and meetings and note taking here at the MTC, with a little bit of making fun of the elders in my district in between. :) I just think of them as my little brothers. We got them all singing "In the Jungle" the other day, it was great. Oh, so you want to know the next episode in the saga of my companion? She fell and sprained her ankle, so she's on crutches. It's kind of funny the way it all has worked out though. As you can tell I've been kind of having a hard time with her and I've really been trying and praying for help loving and helping her. And I think in a way, this was an answer. I've been forced to help her with everything! Carrying her books, opening doors, helping her down stairs, walking really, really, really, slow with her everywhere we go so that we're always late. But it's been really good for me- a great exercise in patience. :) So God really does answer our prayers - just not in the ways we expect. I've actually learned to appreciate Sister Taylor in a lot of ways, and I know that was Heavenly Father’s point in making me serve her. Well, I don't have very long on this computer, so I better go. I love you all! I'm glad you all had a good Thanksgiving. And Thank You so much for all you do for me!
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment