I never went to bed on Monday night, but stayed up packing until it was time to head out the next morning. Just too many people to visit! My Aunt Loni picked me up at the airport in SLC, took me to her home to get some sleep, then we were off shopping and having lunch, touring, then dinner...and ice cream! I finally curled up in front of their cozy fireplace and fell fast asleep. So I'm rested and ready to go!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, here I am sitting on my top bunk (I did claim the bottom at first but then my companion said she was afraid of heights, so I gave it to her…) writing to say I’m alive and well. And I haven’t cried once today (so there, mom) but it seems everyone around me has been… I don’t know, I guess I’m just ready to get going. Apparently I will be able to email starting next Thursday (not tomorrow) which will be my P-day (preparation day).
My EDD (estimated departure date) is December 4, so I’ll be here three weeks just like I thought.
You know, everyone keeps saying the time will drag, but I think it is going to go by so fast for me. Like today, lots of people were saying it seemed really long, but I don’t know where the time went! I think working at Anasazi really messed up my sense of time.
My MTC companion seems really interesting. She’s from Texas, but has a little of a speech impediment which she had a speech therapist for who was British, so she has quite the interesting accent. And she talks non-stop so I get to hear it a lot. Yet she sings opera and from what she says other people say she’s really good. She’s also not afraid to ask questions – even the obvious ones. But it will be great.
I’m surprised how comfortable I already feel. Usually I’m really shy and self conscious in new situations – it just always takes me a little while to adjust. But I feel really comfortable with just being myself. I’m sure I’ll still be a little self conscious when I’m in classes – after all, I’ve only been here half a day so far.
Well, I have to get to bed. I will try to write more later. Love you all! I know I’m where I’m supposed to be!


No comments:
Post a Comment