Thursday, November 8, 2007

Farewell

It's all not real to me yet. I enter the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo on Wednesday November 14, 2007. (I felt I had to clarify what MTC stood for because I was talking to a guy I was working with the other day and he thought I was saying "empty sea" and I thought that was really funny.) Anyway, my plane flies out from Phoenix to Salt Lake early Tuesday morning and I'll spend the day up there with my Aunt Loni and Uncle Marvin who will take me to the MTC the next day. Craziness! It seems like just yesterday I was only thinking about maybe going on a mission and now I'm really going to spend the next year and a half of my life in West Virginia.
It's tradition for a missionary to speak in church before they leave so I will be speaking in my ward (Tempe University 3rd Ward at the ASU Institute Building- 1000 S. McAllister Ave, Tempe , AZ 85282) on Sunday, Nov. 13. The meeting starts at 9 a.m. if anyone would like to come.
My younger brothers came down from Cedar City, UT to spend the weekend with me before I leave, so my whole family is here! That doesn't happen very often. This weekend is going to be busy, busy with all the little last minute things I need to do before I go. It's a bit overwhelming. I don't think the whole mission thing is going to really hit me until I've been in the MTC for a few days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you explained what "MTC" was. To me, that's a Missile Technician Chief! =)

I know I've always been horrible at staying in contact with friends over the years (you can ask Joy, I'm sure she'll have a mouthful to say about it, too!). All the same, I wish you the best on your mission to WV.

I promise that I'll try to write more than once a decade... *hangs head in shame*

Anonymous said...

We wish you the best of luck. We know you will do very well and the people in West Virginia will be blessed to have you.