Hey All Y’all,
I’m so excited! We have a baptism on Friday! Except it will be in Charlottesville, VA (because that’s where his family lives) which is out of our mission, so we can’t go…. But it will be better that way because his family will all be there and they can see that it’s not as crazy as they think :) He’s a good kid- a freshman here at SVU. Unfortunately, the other student we were teaching who wanted to be baptized withdrew himself from school last week and went home to North Carolina – but I’m sure the missionaries there will take good care of him. And yesterday one of our other investigators, Tabitha, set a date to be baptized on the 18th of this month, so in about 2 weeks. She is so prepared. When we teach her it’s just like we’re only reminding her of things she already knows. Hearing her bear her testimony as it grows is a real blessing. She says everything is just falling into place, and it is – I just worry that things are so perfect there’s got to be a catch… But where’s my faith? Of course everything is going to go just how it’s supposed to.
Well, since several of our investigators are being baptized or moving, we’ve been on the lookout for some more. So we’ve been doing a little more tracting….not my favorite thing… but actually the people around here are pretty nice. Or they just don’t answer the door. Which is ok with me – I’d rather not make a fool of myself knocking on random people’s doors and talking to people that I don’t know and who don’t want to talk to me unless they really are interested in what we have to say. We’ve been starting at the top of our area where it hasn’t been tracted before and working our way down. So hopefully we don’t run out of miles this month. It’s been a lot different with me being the one driving now. I’ve only gotten turned around a few times :) Which is actually pretty good considering the roads here.
It’s been really weird being with a companion who has only been out as long as you have instead of being with someone who really did have a firm grasp on missionary work even though they didn’t think so. So I feel like an idiot a lot of times having to ask the Elders a million questions and Sis. Taylor still drives me nuts, but I’m learning a lot and things are going really good. And I'm glad everyone got such a good laugh at my expense.... I’ve really hated having to be the one to start and keep up conversations, though, since I had to introduce Sis. Taylor to everyone and try to get her acquainted with the area. But it’s good for me, making me talk.
Thanks for all the news! Love you all!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment