So….. you want to know who my new companion is? Well, turns out we already know her! Remember my MTC companion, Sister Taylor? Yep, it’s her! Isn’t that great! I already know what quirks to expect and everything! Can you believe he (Pres. Cowley) is making me be senior companion already? And with someone who has only been out as long as I have and I still have no idea what I’m doing! But they say the Lord qualifies those He calls, so He’s going to be helping me a lot…
But it was really hard to say good-bye to Sister Andersen. She’s left me really big shoes to fill – that Do-Gooder…. :) She has been the biggest example to me of being truly selfless and loving everyone and being sincerely interested in everyone, I don’t think I can ever be half as good as her – but I’m going to try. People are just drawn to her because you can just tell she would do anything for you. I’ve learned a lot from her and my testimony has really grown from hearing hers. Especially about the Atonement and just how much Heavenly Father cares for and knows each and every one of us. And you know all those down times you hear about missionaries having, I realized I haven’t really had many (I guess I shouldn’t jinx myself like that because I’m sure I will have some rough times…) but just by deepening my understanding and application of the Atonement, I realize, I don’t have to feel any frustration, or pain, or depression, or any of those negative feelings, because it’s all already been suffered for me and I can just move on to the next adventure life brings. It’s just so amazing when you really think about it.
So Donell’s baptism went really well. The chapel was completely packed – he’s a really popular guy :) I guess I really haven’t told you much about him because the Elders were mainly teaching him even though he’s in our ward just because of the situation. Do you remember the movie Radio? Well, Donell is pretty much just like the character Radio and hangs around the college here a lot. He’s 26 years old, but mentally, you can’t really say, but he’s really funny and understands a lot more than people think sometimes. Apparently he’s been wanting to be baptized for years, but nobody was really sure if it was appropriate, but the stake president finally gave the go ahead and his mom was ok with it, so it happened. We’re trying to teach his mom, too, and I think she’s more open to it now that she’s seen Donell be baptized.
The other baptism that was supposed to happen this week has been re-set for March 7 and he wants to do it in Charlottesville because it’s closer to his parents. The problem with that is that that is out of our mission, so we’re going to have to see how that is all going to work….
Well, I don't have a lot of time, so I better get going. Hope everything is going well. Love you all!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment