Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hiking

Hey Everybodeee!

I got to go hiking again today! A member took us and the Elders down to a place called the Devil's Marble Yard or something like that where there's a bunch of big boulders you can hike up to and scramble around, I guess that's unusual for around here, but you see stuff like that all the time in Arizona and Utah, so it made me feel at home. We also went to a yoga class at the college this morning. I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow...

The weather here just can't make up its mind. Yesterday it was in the 70's and sunny, today it was all rainy (good thing it didn't start till after we were done hiking), but just over the weekend we had ice storms and it froze everything. Crazy. There was a big power outage last night over half the town, they were expecting it to be off for a while, but they were able to get it back on in about an hour. Just long enough to mess up one of our appointments....but not long enough to be any fun. We had our emergency candles and my headlamp ready to go!

Yeah, the Super Bowl really messes up missionary work, too... We just ended up coming in early that night because there was nothing else we could do.

I was really disappointed that we had to miss the last half of Pres. Hinckley's funeral, but maybe we'll be able to find someone who recorded it sometime and finish it. Yeah, we had to go call Bingo at the nursing home like always. I usually enjoy it, but I was a bit bitter that day :) Well, I don't know, there are so many good things happening here with the missionary work, just slowly. Nothing really exciting. But my testimony really has grown so much, especially about the Plan of Salvation. I wish I could help people more to just get a glimpse of what this life is really all about and what is really at stake and who we really are, you know? I guess that's why I need to be out here :)

Anyway I'll talk to you all later! Love you!

No comments: