Sisters Taylor, Peck, Hill (my new companion), me, and Sis. Ryder (she's going home)"Homeless, Homeless, Like the Christ child was - Yes, I'm Homeless, Homeless....."
Yep, that's right; I'm homeless.....so I thought I'd serenade you. I got doubled into Christiansburg, VA - only about an hour and a half away from Buena Vista. And we don't have an apartment yet. They pulled both Sister Taylor and I out of Buena Vista and are just having the Elders there take over our area instead of replacing us, and now my new companion, Sister Hill, and I are opening this area to sisters. There was already a pair of Elders here and we are going to split the area with them. They have been searching for an apartment for us, but apparently no success, so we are staying with a member for now and who knows how long. Therefore - I don't have a new address to give you. And I feel pretty lost and have no idea what to do at this point because I don't even know my way around and I feel like I'm just a burden on everyone right now.... but as soon as we get things settled (like what is even my area) I think I'll really like serving here. It's really close to Virginia Tech and a lot bigger than Buena Vista and the Elders tell us the members are a really great help to the missionaries. And I think I'll really like and get along with my new companion, too. I think I've already let myself laugh and be more myself with her today than I had been with Sister Taylor the whole time I was with her. Oh, and I got to take my new car with me. I named him Fernando.
Yeah, I talked to Chris today, I mean Elder Cloyd :) It was funny because when I saw him I almost called him "Chris". I had to stop myself and say "C-loyd". I talked to him for a bit and he seemed to really enjoy talking about home. :) He said he wanted to know Brian's address. I told him I didn't know, so if you could send that along for me that'd be great. I thought he might have already mentioned to Rick where I was going since he obviously knew before I did that he'd be in my zone. He seems like he's doing good.
I have a confession to make though....I broke mission rules.... I hugged someone of the opposite sex yesterday - two actually. Well, what are you supposed to do when these 80 year old men just want to say good-bye to their "baby sister"? We had a lot of good-bying to do. Everyone was upset that they were pulling sisters from the area, and I'd been there for so long they called me up in the middle of sacrament meeting to say a few words and bear my testimony before I left. I had some of my other less-active sisters that I visit offer to try to fit in my book bag and come with me. Either that or tie me up in the closet and ditch my car. I'll miss a lot of them. And Gay will have my head if I don't keep in contact with her. And since I'm not too far away some of them have told me they are coming to take me out to lunch sometime when they are down here. Funny people. I love them all. I've decided that just like they have those fantasy basketball teams and such that you make on the Internet, I want to create my fantasy ward where I can just pick all my favorite people from all over and put them in the same ward. The Arnson's from your ward, the Stuarts from Rockbridge ward, etc. Wouldn't that be cool?
Anyway, they are beginning to turn off all the lights in this public library I'm at, so I guess that's my cue to get off. I hope I didn't forget anything that I really needed/wanted to tell you. Oh well, if there was, there's always next week. Love you! Pray that I'll find an apartment. :)
~Sister Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment