Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I'm in Galax now, but this pictures was taken in our apartment in Marietta.

Hola!

I can really say that now, because we've been teaching a lot of Spanish-speaking people since I've been back in Virginia. One of my companions grew up in Mexico (Sister Martineau - aren't we related to some Martineaus?) and there's a lot of migrant workers here in Galax so we have quite a few (or as they say around here, "a couple-three") Spanish speaking investigators here. I try to understand and sometimes I follow, but I'm mostly lost. So maybe I'll pick up another language on my mission after all! My other companion's name is Sister Daw and she's just from Utah. But they are both really great and I think it's actually going to be a lot of fun and not horrible like I imagined a trio to be. We have lots of investigators here, especially compared to my other areas, so that's really exciting. Our area is really huge, so we're busy all the time, especially with all the driving. We actually cover Wytheville, VA as well and we stay half the week there and half the week in Galax. So I don't think I'll ever really get unpacked....

I just want to make sure you know what a great family I have and I thank our Father in Heaven every night for you. I love you all so much and if I were there right now I'd give you all a great big hug. Have fun doing all the normal Christmas stuff - I don't have to remind mom to take pictures. On a mission, you kind of feel like every season is Christmas because that's who we always talk about! And I think that's the way it should be.
Love you all! ~Sister Johnson

No comments: