Sorry I never got around to writing a real letter last week either...but I'll try to remember what I wrote. Nothing really too exciting. But most important things first - where to mail my Christmas package :) Yeah, transfers are on Dec. 17. I don't know if I'll be transferred or not (I kind of don't think I will), but you never know until the day before really, so I guess it'd just be best to mail it to the office (888 Oakwood Rd., ste 310, Charleston, WV 25314). We have our Christmas Zone Conference on the 22nd or something so if it gets there before then they can just bring it to us.
Well, on with my week. We had Thanksgiving at the Roylances. We just love them; they are the greatest little family. She's the one that reminds me so much of you and likes to hear your rantings about Relief Society. We helped her finish up all her preparations and we made the pies and we had a nice little dinner just us and the kids (Bro. Roylance had to work). I beat the oldest boy (10) at Chess and Checkers and had a grand time. I didn't think to take any pictures though. Sis. Roylance is one of those people that you can spend hours talking to her before you even realize it.
But so far we're still planning on a baptism on the 13th right before our ward Christmas party. Jennifer is so awesome; she is just the highlight of my week. It's good to know that there really are people out there that are just looking for and hungering for the gospel. Hopefully her fiancé comes along as well. She thinks he's secretly reading the Book of Mormon when she's not looking. But he isn't quite as prepared as Jennifer is.
But really not a whole lot has been happening here in Marietta, it keeps getting colder and colder, and people get busier and busier and don't want to talk to us. It really amuses me the responses we get sometimes while tracting. If people only realized what they were saying! This one guy told us that sorry, he wasn't fertile ground - I mean should that be a red flag to him! My personal favorite is the one we get where the people are nice and say they're not interested, but "they appreciate what we're doing". They'd appreciate it a lot more if they actually listened to what we have to offer them! But something really hit me the other day as we were tracting when a lady told us she was comfortable in her church. After walking away from her door in the snow I wanted to yell "Comfortable!! I'M NOT COMFORTABLE! Do you think I LIKE walking around in the freezing cold and snow knocking on people's doors who I don't know and being rejected left and right? I am definitely NOT comfortable in my church!" But I don't think we're supposed to be comfortable; when we get too comfortable we stop learning and growing and stretching. I don't think Heavenly Father ever really wants us to be too COMFORTABLE in the church. So I may not be comfortable, but I'm in the right place, exactly where I should be.
I've also been very grateful recently for modern revelation. Especially as I've been reading the Bible more, I really don't understand how people don't feel more that something is missing. I would be completely lost without the added insight and explanations of modern revelation.
I'm glad Hayden's birthday went so well and that you had such a good Thanksgiving. You all seem soo busy! And Mom, I haven't forgotten about my testimony, I'll try to remember to get that to you this week. It snowed again last night and everything is looking and feeling more like Christmas. We even got a little Christmas tree from a member and I decorated it with the 5 ornaments I collected last year and my Santa hat and some other random things I found around the apartment and it looks pretty good :) But I better go, time's out. I love you all!
~Melissa
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment