Helloooo!
General Conference was so amazing! Of course we watched all 4 sessions. And our investigators that are getting baptized on Sunday watched part of it too! Even the 13 year old boy - who also brought his friend! How about that? Yup, everything is still on for Sunday. We are now, not only speaking, we are also singing a special musical number in between our talks on Sunday. But it will be quite the day. And I hope someone invites us over for dinner….
So Conference – I can’t believe the emphasis on the temple, maybe just because I miss being able to go so much. It seemed to me that everything was about the ordinances and covenants we make and how important they are and that we remember them and do everything in our power to keep them so they can protect us in the times ahead. Was it just me, or were they being even more direct them usual? The temple really is the focus of everything we do, and it’s so fulfilling when someone else catches the vision of it.
The family that is getting baptized, they’ve caught it. They want to be sealed together in the temple and that was a big part of their decision to be baptized. I don’t know if I told you, but the father uses these two crutch things to walk with, but it was really important to his wife and son for him to baptize them, so he’s going to do what he can with his handicap, and someone else will be in the font to help with the actual dunking. We are so excited. They have their baptismal interview tomorrow.
But besides conference, nothing much to really report on, our week was pretty dull and not many people wanting to see us. But the Tuttles make up for everything.
We had a Zone p-day today, and we played capture the flag with flour balls – so basically everyone ended up covered in flour. It was rather amusing. Elders are so funny. They make me laugh; I think I’ve decided to adopt a couple of them as some additional brothers. I don’t think I have enough.
Anyway, I really don’t feel like I have a lot to say right now, and I am, once again, running out of time. So Happy Easter! Be safe and have a fun trip, hug Bracken for me. Love you!
~Melissa
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment