Howdy Everyone!
I be good, but I tell you (probably for the hundredth time I know) but this weather is crazy! Again, it was in the 80's one day and then it snowed the next... I think it's trying to be spring, and some of the trees are being very successful at it with all the blossoms coming out and things are getting greener all the time. I feel I need to be out in the spring sunshine all the time before it starts getting hot and humid like they say it does here, but alas, Sis. Taylor doesn't like being outdoors as much as I do. I guess I'll never understand why people can't just ignore a single bee or fly here and there, but insist on running and ducking from it as if it was out to pollinate you instead of the flowers...
But anyway, Dad would be so proud of me, I framed some walls the other day at Habitat. I even scraped up my knuckles a bit and Joe (the foreman) gave me extra points for the blood - I made a record of 92 points on Saturday. At Habitat it's kind of like that show "Whose line is it Anyway?” where you always get points but they just don't matter :)
I got some points from Elder Cottle (the CES senior missionary couple) the other day, too, because I went over to their apartment (right across from us) sporting the "Elder Cottle Look", which consists of pajama pants tucked into your socks and flip-flops. He reminds me of Dad sometimes. He says his kids always make fun of him but he keeps doing it anyway. He took a picture of me so he could send it to his kids and show them that the look is catching on. I'm going to miss them. They go home at the end of next week, since the semester will be ending and their institute classes will be over.
I got to try fried green tomatoes the other day and they were pretty good, but I'm still waiting for Coleman's to make me bread pudding. So far I really haven't had anything I don't like here. That will probably change if I ever end up in West Virginia, though, I hear.
We have zone conference on Thursday and they're making me play the piano again. It's good though, it makes me practice a bit. It's funny how you get excited about things like zone conference on your mission. Maybe part of it is the chance to talk with missionaries other than your companion...
But yeah, nothing too much to report, except finally this girl Tabitha that we've been teaching came to church! We thought she had disappeared for a while, but everything ended up being all right, just a bunch of stuff happening, including her getting married, and she still plans on getting baptized this month. So we're excited about how things are going with her.
Other than that, we're just trying to figure out how to do missionary work in this odd little place. We actually end up doing things with all three of the family wards and the five student wards as well, even though, technically we only cover one of the family wards and two student wards, but I guess, as sister missionaries, we're in demand since there's not too many of us :) In fact I think there are only 9 of us now in the entire mission. But that also means we (the sisters) get the new cars as soon as they come in. I think we'll be getting a brand new Malibu next week...but shhhhh, I wasn't supposed to say anything yet.
Well, I better skedaddle, and I'll try to have something more spiritual to say next week :) Love you all! Good luck with all your AzLaf stuff, Mom!
~Sister Johnson
P.S. Another new niece or nephew! Ha! That's another of my New Year's predictions coming true! Exciting!
P.P.S. Hug Brian and Kira for me too when they come home.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment