Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Getting Cold!

Some of the pretty trees right outside my house.


Hello Everybodee!

It's turned cold all the sudden! When I went to church on Sunday it was 32 degrees! Ridiculous! I had to break out the winter gear already! The only redeeming aspect of that is that I'll actually have pockets again - I just don't understand why women's clothing is made without pockets!

The other day we got a call from a lady out of the blue who asked a member for our number and just wants to be taught so she can be baptized! So miracles do happen and Heavenly Father really is preparing people to receive the gospel even in Marietta, Ohio. We are meeting with her for the first time tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. And the girl we've been teaching, Jamie, has set a baptism date for Nov. 1, so that's pretty exciting. We have a lot of fun teaching her - in fact, we taught her the Law of Chastity the other day by playing "Don't Eat Pete" - it worked out pretty well :)

I also learned something interesting this week - mailmen really do read your postcards. You know how I've been sending Rick and you a bunch of random pictures of me as postcards and I've wondered what the mailman thinks, then yesterday we walked into the Red Cross where we volunteer and the mailman walks in behind us to deliver the mail and he says hi and asks us if we got our package today (Sis. Reeves got a Halloween package) and I was a bit surprised that he knew exactly who we were and what mail he delivered today that belonged to us - but I guess I shouldn't have been. I think mailmen know a lot more than we ever realize. Than before he left he told me that he missed all my picture postcards (I haven't sent many out lately) and that he noticed in one I said something to the effect that I bet the mailman is reading this and that yes, he does :) We all had a good laugh. I think I'm going to put a postcard out there for him one of these days. And then of course, invite him to hear our message :)

It sounds like you're having way too much fun at other people's expenses. But I admit, I wish I could have seen Bro. Herr and Dad in the choir. They asked Sis. Reeves and I to sing in Relief Society on Sunday, all by ourselves, go figure. And we are going to help out with the Primary Program next Sunday by leading the kids in as they sing "Called to Serve".

I knew this day would come...when you decided to get an artificial Christmas tree...what will be next? No big Christmas breakfast? See what happens when Rick and I leave? I guess if you feel good about it..... :) Well, I better go, but let me know how your family ball goes! Love you all!

~Melissa

No comments: