I got the little packet with your conversion stories and your little article (which was very good by the way, I like). Thank you so much. I had to laugh, though, when I read the first line of yours, Mom, because whenever Sister Reeves would ask me a question about my life when we first got here, I'd start out with, "I, Sister Johnson, having been born of goodly parents..." or "having dwelt at Phoenix all my days..." You really are my mother, and like I've said before, the older I get the more I realize I'm like you, and the more I don't mind so much :) And I got the package you sent today, too! And I laughed again because we had just got back from the store and I really had a craving for Nilla Wafers. I almost bought them but decided against it, and lo and behold, what was in my package but Nilla Wafers! I don't know if you read the back of the bag of "Pirate's Booty" you sent or not, but it was really quite entertaining. It said that fans of the delicious snack treat call themselves "Booty Heads" so I'm here to admit....I'm a booty head - and so is Sister Reeves.
Well, nothing too exciting to report - I don't have to shower using a bucket or anything cool like that, but the leaves are changing and it's way pretty! I'll have to remember to try to take some good pictures. And we did have our interviews with our Mission President, and he said that I couldn't dress-up for Halloween :( Of course I wouldn't in public, but I thought it'd be fun for the ward party. Sister Reeves and I thought it would be funny to go as Polygamists, but we didn't think too many people out here would get it.
I've been getting Wedding invitations in the mail, lately. First Deanna, then Stephanie Wilden, and now Heather Padilla says she's engaged! I'm not going to have any single friends when I get home!
But anyway, have fun eating your elk. Thank you for everything!
Love you all!
~Melissa
Well, nothing too exciting to report - I don't have to shower using a bucket or anything cool like that, but the leaves are changing and it's way pretty! I'll have to remember to try to take some good pictures. And we did have our interviews with our Mission President, and he said that I couldn't dress-up for Halloween :( Of course I wouldn't in public, but I thought it'd be fun for the ward party. Sister Reeves and I thought it would be funny to go as Polygamists, but we didn't think too many people out here would get it.
I've been getting Wedding invitations in the mail, lately. First Deanna, then Stephanie Wilden, and now Heather Padilla says she's engaged! I'm not going to have any single friends when I get home!
But anyway, have fun eating your elk. Thank you for everything!
Love you all!
~Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment