Hey all y’all!
I'm so glad Dad had a good birthday, sounds like everyone had a lot of fun on the camping trip. That's really amazing about the Christmas tree. I've never heard of that before. Maybe you should plant it somewhere :)
So guess whose house I ate dinner at the other day? Ron Carter (Author of that Prelude to Glory series, in case you didn't recognize the name). He's a really cool guy; he told us all kinds of stories and about what his next series is going to be about. It's going to be about the colonies in Mexico, so he's in the middle of all sorts of research. I told him that I think my parents have some journals of our ancestors that lived in the colonies on their shelves. Don't we? He also knows about George Wythe and so we talked about that and how he was going to go speak there, but then he moved out here. And did you know that Orson Scott Card teaches at the school here every couple years? He's not here now, though.
Well, I'm still not any good at tracting, but I actually didn't some talking this week. I just go all blank and lost and confused when I start talking to people I don't know. I thought if I just opened my mouth, the Holy Ghost would be given what I should say....I guess I'm still doing something wrong...
But we did have an experience with listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost this week. We had other plans, and then thought we should stop and see the Coleman family real quick, and not long after we got there, they got a phone call that two of their sisters had been in a pretty bad car accident. Everything is OK, they weren't hurt as bad as expected and are healing well, but the family was really grateful for the support of having us there with them during that. Not that we did anything, but they keep telling us thank you. Maybe this experience with the miracle that they weren't killed in that accident, will help this family appreciate the things that they have more and each other and bring them closer to one another and the gospel. That's always the question of the day for us, how can we help the Coleman's...
Guess what I tried for the first time? Sweet potato pie! It was actually pretty good. Well, I'm sorry this isn't very long, but I don't have a lot of time today because we have a ton to do and have President's interviews on P-day, what's up with that? Oh, and I suppose I should tell you that I'm cutting my hair off today and donating it. It's just beginning to annoy me and is always getting caught on my name tag. But don't worry, it will pretty much be grown back by the time I get home :)
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment