Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hello Everybodeee!

I got the emails you sent from Brian and Kira, that's so fun to hear their adventures. I'm so jealous. I want to hike Kilimanjaro.... but wait jealousy is akin to pride and that is the opposite of humility, so I will stop that :) I'll just make them do it again with me when I get home.

So, you liked the pictures I sent? It's just a pain to send them or I'd send more. Yeah, my hair is shorter than I've ever had it- but I figure by the time you actually see me again, it will be back almost as long as when I left, just the way I like it.

You got me all excited about my package; I can't wait to see all the crazy treasures and wrapping jobs :) It'll be a good birthday, and yes I'm glad Sister Andersen will be sharing it with me. It's funny, I guess it's pretty apparent that we get along really well - everyone comments on it. And we laugh a lot :) She's so funny. You'd sure never know she was 35.

We got snow again this week, the first time since I got here. It's funny how everyone freaks out and runs to Walmart, even though it wasn't much of a storm at all.

Oh, I think you will appreciate this - on Sunday, the speaker was a guy that just returned from serving a mission in Las Vegas and for his little homecoming talk, he starts out by saying "Well, they say what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, so (turning to the bishop) am I done?" I laughed. But he gave an excellent talk on missionary work that was really uplifting for me; I really appreciated all he had to say.

I don't know, the days seem to just run together, so I can't seem to remember anything particularly interesting, just another week in the life of a missionary. We are especially excited about one of our investigators that nobody thought would ever really be interested, I've probably mentioned him; he's one of the football coaches at the school. I think he knows it's true, but isn't ready to admit it yet. He's an extremely committed person, so if he's going to do something, he's going to do something all the way, he can't stand hypocrites. So he wants to be sure he knows what he's getting into and be willing to live the gospel all the way, before he will commit to it. Sister Andersen keeps having dreams about him wanting to be baptized, and that's saying something, because she doesn't sleep. She hasn't been able to sleep at night for her entire mission; I don't know how she does it. But the few times she's gotten a little sleep, she dreams about him wanting to be baptized. So I'm pretty sure it will happen, just don't know when.

Well, I better go. I love you all; you are the best family I could ask for!

No comments: